Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in on of a following formats: LaTeX, OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
By submitting a manuscript and/or supplementary files the Authors are granting to the publisher of ZFN a non-exclusive, charge-free, worldwide licence, for the duration of the applicable jurisdiction’s copyright protection, to reproduce submitted materials in any medium (including electronic and printed format of the journal) for all purposes relating to the journal activities, or to those related activities of which ZFN approves. Such licence shall become effective from the date of submission to ZFN.
The non-exclusive license allows the Authors to hold their respective copyrights and to retain publishing rights without restrictions.